Jack Bars - from www.whole-sisters.com
- 2 cups (16 oz.) peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) honey
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (10 oz.) mini chocolate chips or mix in of your choice (like chocolate covered sunflower seeds, raisins, other flavored mini chips...whatever sounds fun to you!
- 4 cups millet puffs or rice krispies
- (Optional): chia and/or flax seed
- In a standing mixer combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla protein powder and water. Mix until ingredients are well well combined.
- Add oats and mix ins of your choice.
- Add millet puffs or rice krispies. Mix on slow speed to not break up millet puffs.
- Line a 12x17 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Pour all mixed ingredients onto your cookie sheet. Using a flat spatula spread the bar mixture over the whole sheet.
- Take another 12x17 jelly roll pan and place on top of the pressed in mixture. Press firmly so the bars are evenly flat.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour or fridge for 4 hours.
- Cut bars into the sizes of your choice. If you cut 4 strips lengthwise and 8 strips on the width, this will give you 32 bars.
- Store in and airtight tupperware container in the refrigerator.
I like to mix the final mixture by hand so as not to break up the millet / krispies
Recipe by Happier Than Skinny at https://www.happierthanskinny.com/healthy-summertime-snack-idea-jack-bars/